LegitLand

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
Ty_Savage
diomanfinder876
InsaanSkillz
JUMP3RM4N22
insanegame27
Romin865
SheepsWool
YourMother123
brettc13
Moxie_Girlz
freddiemoffat8
kerberosV5
PaperDragon1
RCRFounder
Elopus
agentbannanas
Simbelia
jessiebob10
Potato_Man12354
Anakin8118
Calvin1119
RainbowFred
Cporter.
ZenkaiAnkoku
Taman
Gregman98
piretan
Origami_Owl
DemonLeveler
dannyd96
quinbreh
MDoce
FijiFiji1221
simsnet
IfritSky
VillenMC
bighat10
spaceextreme
OscarMayerMan
TheReidster99
Gigamess
ldd
taos777
Harrimu
Forum Editor
Flamingrex1
lcsminer
jfreeze256
52 posters

Current state of LegitLand

jfreeze256
    Unused Diamond Pick
    Unused Diamond Pick

Current state of LegitLand Empty Current state of LegitLand

Post by jfreeze256 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm going to just state the facts. Please read everything.

As many know we have been trying to get the server upgraded for a long time. We have been wanting Dynmap to come back as well as expanding the server. To do this we needed a hardware upgrade.

Aim2Game ordered that hardware upgrade from the company that they rent the servers from called "Servermania Inc"

Through whatever chain of events, the server went down on March 10th to get the hardware upgrade. Servermania did NOT inform Aim2Game they were going to do this.

Aim2Game finds out that our server is down and begins to figure out what happened to the drive with our data. I'm not sure what happened with it, but they tell me the data was not able to be retrieved, even after hours of trying to recover the deleted data from that drive.

Here is what I know: Everything is gone. Yes, everything. If you are upset, I understand. No one can be as upset as me. I have spent YEARS dedicated to LegitLand. I now have to rebuild everything from the ground up.

We WILL come back online. I will be getting no sleep over the next many days trying to get this all sorted out. We will have a new map. Not only did we lose all of our amazing builds, but I even lost all of my build worlds from all of my YouTube videos and series.

How long will it take? I do not have an answer.
    What happens to our donations? I will do my best to compensate when we get the server running 100%

All I ask is for your support during this horrible event. Even though none of it is my fault, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I will try my hardest to have a temporary server up ASAP. We had at least 30 plugins that all worked in harmony. It will not be easy to get them all working together. Everything will be redone. I will be spending hours and hours and hours combing through old permission files and all of the donations.

I'm not entirely sure of the current state of everything. But I am completely sure that we will be back. Hopefully you will come back too. No one could have foreseen this coming. I'm doing my best to make sure that the people who did this to us will make it right to us.

Once again, please bare with us during this troubling period Sad

Email exchange with Aim2Game:

March 10:
    Joshua,

The datacenter made the change without any scheduling with us and there is an issue with the server, we're working on it with them and will have more information on what's going on soon. Sorry for the late notice, this took me completely by surprise as there was no scheduled time to install.

Aaron C.

March 11:
    Joshua,

I've gotten the full story from the datacenter, the drive upgrade request was completed, however the data from the SSD was lost and even with all of their utilities they have not been able to recover it after several hours of effort.

I feel terrible about this, and would have taken a backup if they had scheduled the upgrade with us as was expected. I am assuming that you do not have any backup of data, even though we are very up-front that we don't take backups on our side without being asked, I've noticed that most of our users do not do them likely due to size issues.

I know it doesn't help, but I will of course give you a full refund of what you just paid since the server data has been lost and credit if there is any interest in that. We've never seen any datacenter operated in this way, it defies all logic for them to shut down a machine and do upgrades during the day with no notice. Text can't even express how upset I am over this, having used datacenters for 15 years and ran a few it's just insane that this happened.

Aaron C.

March 11 (Me replying to the last message):
    I'm going to try to keep this as professional as possible.

I'm not quite sure what to say or even where to begin. Not only have I now lost all of the maps and builds that were created since September 2012, I have lost all of the permission files and configs. Not only that but there goes the maps I was using for series on my YouTube channel.

The amount of work that has gone into making my server the way it is can't even be expressed. And now poof. It's gone. Now I have to spend probably weeks of my own time to fix everything.

My server has seen 10,000 unique visitors since moving to aim2game. What's worse is hundreds of players have donated to the server. How can I possibly make this up to them?

Just as you get to blame the Datacenter, I get to blame you. But you guys blaming the Datacenter doesn't make it up to me. Just as me blaming you cannot possibly make this up to everyone in my community who has just lost everything.

This isn't just affecting me. This is affecting hundreds of other players. This will now probably affect my entire community negatively. I can't even imagine how many players will just leave the community that I (and so many others) have worked tirelessly on building.

You feel bad? Try dealing with hundreds of pissed of players. This has now become a complete nightmare for me. I work full time and do YouTube and my server in my spare time. I'm not even sure where I'm going to find the time to fix this mess.

So, tell me: How are you going to make this up to me and the entire LegitLand community?

March 12:
    Joshua,

We host big and small minecraft servers, and I do understand the work that goes into them. I hate to see all that effort gone, we have so many users that never backup it's hard to see on a small private server let a lone one like yours with so many users and data.

With regard to how you make it up to your users or the community that is a complicated question. Blame is easy, solutions are hard. Without any kind of a backup from you, from us or from the datacenter we have all failed to be prepared for a drive crash which although it happened during maintenance this time it could have just as easily failed during regular operation too. The datacenter had a responsibility to us to make that data available, and you had a responsibility to your users as the steward of the server. Aim2game has never promised or implied backups exist of any Minecraft server, but as I mentioned we had planned on copying your data to another server but didn't get the chance.

As for your question with regards to LegitLand, we never had any agreement with any entity other than yourself. The only option we have to offer reparations is to you, in the form of a refund of your recent payment and possible credit for future services. We cannot do anything else to recover the data from the original SSD, and no backups exist on our servers of your data. Our business is providing Minecraft hosting, so other than giving you money back the only other thing we can offer is services. I don't know what else we could do that hasn't already been done.

Aaron C.

March 12 (my response to the previous):
    I am not implying anything about backups.

I am however implying that your company should have some sort of responsibility.

Now I get to deal with the financial loss not only from my server but from the time I have to take off from YouTube to fix everything.  This is part of my business, and now thanks to the carelessness and lack of communication, my business will take a hit. Whilst you assume no responsibility, I must assume the responsibility to the people that rely on my services.

If there is no sort of compensation for this, then you have lost a client.

March 12 (their reply back):
    Joshua,

We have full responsibility for what we have agreed to with you. The Terms of Service is a binding agreement meant to hold you and Aim2Game accountable for our respective sides of the business relationship.

In terms of compensation, I'm not sure what you're asking for. If your idea for compensation includes anything related to your efforts building your server, I'm afraid that is where we cannot help you. Any efforts you made on your server should have been protected by yourself, backups are insurance against catastrophe and unplanned events, the more something means to you either personally or financially the more you should do in general to insure it.

Contrary to what you might think there is not that much profit in offering these servers, what I've offered you already is several months profit for us on your server. With any kind of web hosting or game hosting the maximum compensation is going to be very limited, this is part of the reason the services are cheap is because there is a very fixed amount of liability. If that amount of liability was unknown, we would have to charge more and purchase general liability insurance to cover situations such as this. That being said the Terms of Service is very explicit in that we do not offer refunds, and we do not do any backups or guarantee data integrity.

While I think we can both agree you are in a bad place with your server data being gone, I hope you can see that based on our agreement with you in the Terms of Service, we are offering you much more than we are legally bound to do.

Aaron C.

March 12 (my reply back):
    I understand your TOS.

Please cancel all products and services I have with Aim2Game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: Looking for a new hosting company.

Last edited by jfreeze256 on Mon May 26, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 6 times in total
    lcsminer
    lcsminer
    Whitelister for sure.

Current state of LegitLand Empty Re: Current state of LegitLand

Post by lcsminer Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 pm

I should hope that some of the more dedicated players will be coming back, despite losing all the data... I will be returning, once I get everything sorted out in my life right now. It is a shame that this had to happen... but hopefully it will all get better! I try to be an optimist as much as possible. Don't think of it as losing everything, but as starting over again to build better things than you ever did! Thats all I've got to say about it.
    Flamingrex1
    Flamingrex1
    I should probably slow down with the Posting.

Post by Flamingrex1 Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:07 pm

I know I am very sad that this has happened but so what? Video games are video games I can get it all back easily and so can anyone. I will stay a dedicated player to Legit Land no matter what.
    Forum Editor
    Forum Editor
    I Control these pages.
    I Control these pages.

Post by Forum Editor Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Jj, I know this is a horrible thing to happen to this beautiful world that we've molded. But there no chance of getting that stuff back, We all had stuff precious and I know this has hurt you the most. But everyone who is a true member will stay with us, we will rebuild legitland and this time it will be better! We know what went wrong last time, what was impropper and also we can remove all the illegit items and money that was ever put into the economy. Everyone loves this server and you, You only lost electrons stored in a datafile, all your loyal members are here, waiting. We love the server, which in turn refers wholly to the society. Legitland is still here, it's us, everyone on this forum :3.

The server is what we do with this society.

Just basically think of it as a fresh start to form this world in a way you want to.
    Harrimu
    Harrimu

Post by Harrimu Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:33 pm

I like to think of things on the side of "Okay, it happened, cry for 5 minutes, then get to work." Yes, many players will quit going "o dis stoopid srvr i wrkd hard and nao its all gon." blah blah blah. True Legitlanders will most definitely return and help you rebuild. I am sad as well, yet being sad does absolutely nothing except motivate you. I know in my little turtle heart, that things will get much better.
    taos777
    taos777
    Diamond Block
    Diamond Block

Post by taos777 Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:41 pm

I am staying, even of we must rebuild, if I can help rebuilding in anyway just tell me.
    ldd
    ldd
    Sharp Stone Pick
    Sharp Stone Pick

Post by ldd Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:54 am

Longtime player and lurker here. I love legitland, so don't worry, some of us will never leave.

ps: backup settings and config files next time!
    I am sad that I won't be a millionaire anymore though. xD
    jfreeze256
    Unused Diamond Pick
    Unused Diamond Pick

Post by jfreeze256 Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:34 am

Updated with Email exchange between me and aim2game
    Gigamess
    Gigamess
    Crumbly Stone Pick
    Crumbly Stone Pick

Post by Gigamess Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:17 am

Me and Bazz have been playing this server since the 15th of July 2011, we have dealt with multiple map resets and we have played out our hardships to come with it, if we didn't have you JJ this server wouldn't be as amazing as it is today. We may have lost all that we have built but our heart and soul still remains in this server and with all of us together hopefully feeling the same way, we can re-build Legitland into a larger and greater server.
    So don't you worry, don't you worry child~
    GigallaiMessiaus, your faithful n' noble member of Legit Land.
    TheReidster99
    TheReidster99
    Sharp Stone Pick
    Sharp Stone Pick

Post by TheReidster99 Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:40 am

This is really sad, even though my town was small we had so much plans to expand it and i wasn't far off of becoming a millionaire... Now all i have is the memories :'(
    OscarMayerMan
    OscarMayerMan
    Godly Diamond Pick
    Godly Diamond Pick

Post by OscarMayerMan Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:02 am

Don't give up though it will only take a little longer to reach your goal! Keep your chin up!
    spaceextreme
    spaceextreme
    Crumbly Stone Pick
    Crumbly Stone Pick

Post by spaceextreme Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 am

Everyone is here for you J, especially your more dedicated players. Although it is horrible that all of this happened and everyone is losing all of their work, this is a great opportunity for everyone to get a fresh start on everything and I'm looking forward to what everyone can come up with in the future of LegitLand.
    bighat10
    bighat10
    Random Title images...
    Random Title images...

Post by bighat10 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:20 am

J, Legitland is the BEST server i have ever played on, and it will be the BEST server 5ever! Even if there are aboooooosive admins! lol I will stay, I know the truly dedicated players will to! Keep up the goodwork, and don't work yourself too hard, We all need a lesson in patience anyways.  Laughing
    TheReidster99
    TheReidster99
    Sharp Stone Pick
    Sharp Stone Pick

Post by TheReidster99 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks Oscar, I will try Sad
    VillenMC
    VillenMC

Post by VillenMC Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:12 am

I want to say G G legit land but my phone keeps correcting to Go legit land
    Forum Editor
    Forum Editor
    I Control these pages.
    I Control these pages.

Post by Forum Editor Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Even your phone knows LegitLand isn't gg. Wooooooot for LL~
    VillenMC
    VillenMC

Post by VillenMC Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:20 pm

Lol that's not how I meant it
    TheReidster99
    TheReidster99
    Sharp Stone Pick
    Sharp Stone Pick

Post by TheReidster99 Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:45 pm

When will the server be back up?
    IfritSky
    IfritSky
    I didn't stop posting...
    I didn't stop posting...

Post by IfritSky Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Soon™ (Trademarked by Blizzard Entertainment)
    simsnet
    ReInforced Stone Pick
    ReInforced Stone Pick

Post by simsnet Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:20 pm

If you want to use my server for Legit Land, go ahead and PM me. I will trash the world files and let you conquer MY server. It's still an A2G Diamond, though. I hope this will bring the trouble off of you.

In the meantime(and I don't think this is illegal to the forums), I have(probably had) a server called Chocolate. Like Vanilla, but it's Chocolate! 50 slots and ranks enabled. I'm using the plugin Essentials Group Manager.

If anyone wants to join Chocolate, you just have to tell me! I'll whitelist you in.
    simsnet
    ReInforced Stone Pick
    ReInforced Stone Pick

Post by simsnet Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:54 pm

You can have my server and build onto that if you want. I don't know if you can have 2 separate worlds with a "world warp" feature. If it existed, THAT WOULD BE EXCELLENT!!!
    simsnet
    ReInforced Stone Pick
    ReInforced Stone Pick

Post by simsnet Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Legit Land really is a great server. We owe it all to JFreeze for giving us the fun we've enjoyed! I am letting you all to join my server when it gets online. Guys, my server consists of 2 WORLDS! To make JFreeze feel better and everyone else, I have PortalLink, which I will place 2 portals at spawn. One for Chocolate, my server, and one for the new Legit Land! I hope everyone will be proud.
    simsnet
    ReInforced Stone Pick
    ReInforced Stone Pick

Post by simsnet Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:06 pm

Sorry, I'm talking too much...
    VillenMC
    VillenMC

Post by VillenMC Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Just edit your post instead of making new ones
    FijiFiji1221
    FijiFiji1221
    Jogging
    Jogging

Post by FijiFiji1221 Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:29 pm

Sweet, I gets to Build a New base. More stripper poles, More Bars, More of dem ****(you get the Drift).
    This also means i can recreate that Mob Spawner Farm, Cause tbh, I hated the Layout of my last one.

anyways... Good Luck on finding a new Hosting Company J, And most of all have fun.

Stay true LegitLanders. =)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 am